Purpose & Goals
The purposes and goals of Silver Wings Fraternity are:
- To unite and band together for social, not-for-profit and non-political purposes, while creating harmony and a spirit of camaraderie and friendship among members. Originally limited to pilots who soloed a powered aircraft at least 25 years ago, now younger pilots and others with an genuine interest in aviation can join us.
- To perpetuate the memory of, and to renew and affirm friendships, and to recognize contributions and accomplishments in all aspects of flight by its members and others.
- To create and foster a spirit of camaraderie and cooperation among aviators through recognition, awards and social programs such as the Annual Convention/Reunion.
- To schedule enjoyable and informative events where Members can participate in Fly-Outs, tours of aviation-related museums and facilities, and hear interesting aviation-related guest speakers.
- To open and maintain our “Hospitality Cottage” in the center of the Sun ‘n Fun campus during the “Sun ‘n Fun International Fly-In & Expo” for one week every Spring, and at other scheduled official events.
- To encourage, and advance interest in Aviation, including through organized youth programs, and to award scholarships to young people seeking experiences and careers in aviation through our Aviation Scholarship Program.
- For members to avoid situations of personal profit as a result of an inappropriate use of membership.